My Place CT helps you make the care choices that are right for you—starting with the resources to hire in-home help. With My Place CT, you have a single, reliable source of information to make you aware of the help that’s available to you, along with the resources to access this help. We’ve teamed up with, Connecticut’s trusted online employment resource to empower you to find the care you need. All to help you live life in the place you call home.

Visit My Place CT

In-Home is Your Choice

Do you need long-term help with the activities of daily life? Or a reliable source of transportation because you can’t drive. Or maybe your mom is being discharged from the hospital and she wants to come home if you can get care set up in time.

A nursing home or care facility isn’t your only option. Whether you’re elderly, live with a disability or are in need of long-term care support, My Place CT offers you the option to get the help you need in the place where you’re the most comfortable. Your home.

Becoming an Employer

You should know that by paying someone to provide care in your home you’re considered an employer in the eyes of the state and federal government. And the person you hire is considered your employee. helps employers like you attract potential candidates to apply for your job.

To register as an employer on, you will need both a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and State Employer Identification Number (SEIN)/UI Employer Number. If you already have these numbers, you are ready to create your own account. If you don’t, here’s what to do:

Step 1: Get your FEIN

If you are signed up to receive services from one of the state Medicaid benefits programs below, you already have an FEIN. If you don’t know your FEIN, the agency that manages payments for your services should be able to provide it to you. Please contact the agency that serves your program below.

Allied Community Resources

If you use Allied Community Resources for your support staff payroll and can’t find your FEIN or SEIN/UI numbers, call 860-627-9500 or email and they can help you. Allied Community Resources covers people in these programs:

CT Department of Social Services (DSS)

  • Money Follows the Person
  • Community First Choice
  • CT Homecare Program for Elders
  • Personal Care Attendant (PCA) Waivers
  • Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Waivers

Department of Developmental Services (DDS) 

  • Individual and Family Supports Waiver
  • Comprehensive Waiver
  • Early Childhood Autism Waiver
  • Autism Waiver
  • Employment and Supports Waiver

Sunset Shores

If you can’t find your FEIN number, call 800-887-0647 and at the prompt, choose Option #5. Sunset Shores covers some people on waivers from the Department of Developmental Disabilities (DDS).

Advanced Behavioral Health

If you can’t find your FEIN number, call 866-548-0265. Advanced Behavioral Health covers people on the Working for Integration, Support and Empowerment (WISE) waiver program from the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS).

Step 2: Get a temporary SEIN/UI number

If you don’t yet have a State Employer Identification Number (SEIN)/UI Employer Account Number, you can get started by entering 6975223 in the UI Employer Account Number field on A permanent UI Employer Account Number will be provided to you when you hire your first employee.  

Unsure if you’re eligible?

If you think you may be eligible for the programs listed above, contact your local Area Agency on Aging, Center for Independent Living, or contact Community Choices. You can also take a pre-screen at My Place CT.

Not covered?

If you are not covered by the programs listed above and need your FEIN, contact the IRS to help you get set up. 

Get Started gives you the tools to get the in-home care you need. You can create, post and edit your job in real time. And, as your needs change, you can update your job posting at any time.

Register as a user or  sign in

click to enlarge

Not a user yet? From the homepage, click the “Not Registered?” link and sign up at no cost. Please have your FEIN and SEIN/UI numbers ready.


Within 72 hours, CTDOL vets each employer registration. This ensures that every job posting on is legitimate. While employers can enter a job posting as soon as they register on, the post will not be published for the job candidates to view until CTDOL has approved the employer’s registration. If there is an issue with the registration information, CTDOL will reach out to employers by phone or e-mail.

Customized Job Posts

Once you have logged in with, you can create job posts that you customize to fit your exact needs.

customize job postsclick to enlarge

A: Get started creating your new job order.
To get there, follow this path: Sign in > How Can We Help You > Post a Job

B: Now you’re ready to post your new job order.
To get there, follow this path: Sign in > How Can We Help You > Post a Job > Add New Job Order

Security Posting Tip
Security Posting Tip

The address listed on the employer’s job order should contain the actual town, state and zip code where the job is located. For privacy reasons, we don’t recommend listing the street address of the employer because all job seekers can view this information. Job seekers typically search by keywords/job title/and town or zip code.

Using the Right Job Titles and Keywords

Find out about the recommended job titles and keywords you’ll want to use when posting your job opening from “In-Home is in Demand.” You’ll also get a brief job description of each job title listed.

Job Post Tip
Job Post Tip

Use the same keywords when posting a job title that potential in-home job candidates use to job search.

You’re an Employer. Now What?

We know that it’s a big decision to hire someone to work in your home. As with any change, it can take a little time to get comfortable. My Place CT can help with information about hiring and managing help—starting with conducting a background check prior to interviewing to be sure the person has no criminal record. You can contact companies that do this for a fee. For more information, download the hiring guide,“You Are Now the Employer of Personal Care Assistants,” or each section as you need it. Or, visit My Place CT for more information on hiring help.

Looking for in-person help?

Get one-on-one support from an expert. Our partners at CTDOL can provide local, in-person help that covers easy aspects of hiring through the American Job Centers. Or, if you just need help setting up your username and password, we're here. What's it all about? Helping match people who provide care with people who need it. 

Get Help Here